Dry winter weather can wreak havoc on you skin. If you typically suffer from dry skin or any other type of skin condition, it will most likely flare up in the winter. Here are a few winter skin care tips for keeping your skin soft and hydrated:
- Avoid long, hot showers which will further dry out your skin. Keep it brief and use water as cool as you’re comfortable with.
- Use a moisturizing body wash, such Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. If you have sensitive skin or any fragrance allergies, use an unscented soap such as Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash. Avoid anti-bacterial soaps, as they are typically very drying.
- After bathing, pat dry (but don’t completely dry off) before applying a heavy moisturizing lotion all over. I personally use Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion when I am feeling extremely dry. I also enjoy Renew by Melaleuca when I want a little lighter moisturizer.
- For dry hands and feet I recommend using the Mary Kay Satin Hands Pampering Set (which of course you can order from me). It includes a scrub to cleanse and exfoliate, a skin cream to moisturize, and a skin softener to provide protection during hand washing and extra relief. Another product I like is The Body Shop’s Hemp Chanvre. It is semi-water-proof and is extremely helpful for anyone whose hands are in the water regularly (like hair dressers, medical professional, of food service people)
- For your face I recommend using Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser and Age-Fighting Moisturizer for Normal to Dry skin or Alba Hawaiian Coconut Milk Facial Wash a soap-free cleanser that lifts away make-up and impurities while infusing skin with the richly hydrating and soothing benefits of jojoba, flax seed, aloe, vitamin E and coconut. Follow with Alba Hawaiian Jasmine & Vitamin E Moisture Cream which provides deep penetrating protection for dry skin and will intensely nourish deep within.