– Quick – On average, the treatment takes one stylist 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours depending on the lenght and texture of the hair.
– Affordable – It brings the price of silky straight hair to a reasonable level, expanding your customer base while remaining an upscale process.
– Universal – It can be used on dyed or highlighted hair. In fact, it can be used on any type of hair.
– Gentle – It is NOT meant to be permanent and it DOES NOT require neutralizer or immediate rinse. It requires redoing approximately every 3 to 4 months.
That is why you can leave it on the client’s hair and walk away if you have to. That is why you can use it on children. That is why it blends with the natural growth of hair.
– Natural – It does NOT use strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, “breaking the bonds” of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance which comprises approximately 88% of your hair.
– Healthy- It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage. The results are SOFT, SHINY, STRAIGHT hair.
|– Easy – Begin with a shampoo designed to open the cuticle. Saturate the hair with the product (an average of 3 ounces). Blow dry. Iron small sections of hair close to the scalp with a low heat flat iron. Iron the entire head with a high heat flat iron to seal the keratin into the cuticle.
– Simple – Do NOT wet, wash or use any clips or pins (or anything) on your hair for FOUR days. After the fourth day, shampoo and condition your hair with products free of sodium chloride and sulfates, which will strip the keratin from the hair. Our specially formulated line of shampoos and conditioners are the best available for maintaining the most long-term results.
– Simply Amazing – The results speak for themselves. As one client said: “I’m so happy I don’t need my therapist anymore!”· Good for anyone who has hair.
|What Is It?
|Keratin is a type of protein high in the amino acid “Cystine.” This special amino acid is what makes hair super tough and extremely elastic. Scientists refer to Keratin as a “Biopolymer,” due to its unique structures and interesting properties. Biopolymers are found throughout nature and give form and structure to naturally occurring substances all around the world; everything from leaves to trees, and turtle shells to goose down. Keratin is a classic example of a Biopolymer and it is the main structure building protein in our hair and nails.
|Useful keratin extracts have been long sought after as highly prized cosmetic ingredients. Until recently, high quality keratin extracts were impossible to find on a commercial scale. We utilize a patented process called Keratec® to carefully separate the Keratin from wool, while maintaining its quality…an extremely difficult task to do properly.
The wool is harvested each spring when New Zealand sheep are sheared. This causes absolutely no harm to the sheep that are probably happy to be rid of their heavy winter wool coats before the coming summer heat. We use only pure and natural wool, straight from the farms. New Zealand sheeps’ wool is considered to be amongst the very finest in the world and absolutely free from BSE or anything else that would be potentially harmful.
|How Does It Work?
|When it comes to keratin, it’s extreme toughness is the key. Keratin’s durability and strength protect and improve the hair both inside and out. Our unique biopolymer ingredient is virtually a “liquid form of hair” that gently blends with the hair on your head to help restore what has been lost over time and through environmental stresses.
What’s the unique benefit to this ingredient? The small size of the Keratin Biopolymer molecules penetrate under the hair’s cuticle and seep into the inner hair shaft, helping to improve the quality of the hair from the inside. The Keratin fills in the gaps between the cuticle and the inner hair shaft and becomes sealed into the hair’s inner structure by the high heat flat iron. As you will soon learn, the Keratin Biopolymer works with other ingredients in the product to help eliminate the frizz and add strength and elasticity.